a particular period of time in history or a person's life.
"the Victorian epoch"
Epoch is designed to emulate various video systems, from as early as a black-and-white film camera, passing through VHS, all the way to high-end digital cinema cameras.
- labPBR Support - Normal mapping and emissive support.
- Various Presets, such as Color Film, CRT, and Anamorphic Cinema.
- Top-of-the-line physically accurate Depth of Field.
- Highly configurable effects, allowing you to mix and match any individual effect from any time period.
- Gain FPS: Disable Shadows
- Shader Settings > World > Lighting > Shadows > Shadows: OFF
- Reduce the effect of Color Film
- Shader Settings > Camera > Film Settings
- Color Film Strength: 1.0
- Brightness: 0.0
- Contrast: 0.9
- CRT display and alternate CRT display
- Shader Settings > Display > Scanline Mode: CRT Display
- Shader Settings > Display > Scanline Settings > CRT Texture: ON
- Disable Barrel Distortion black outline
- Shader Settings > Display > Barrel Distortion > Clip Mode: Zoom or Disabled
- These settings may cause the game to look strange
- Dark colors become hard to distinguish
- Shader Settings > Encoding > Chroma Subsampling: Disabled
- This will cause the grain/noise to become a lot more undesirable. To fix:
- Shader Settings > Camera > Grain Settings > Grain Strength: 0.05
Full Settings Documentation
To simplify the shader settings: Remember that everything is organised as if it was a real life display system.
- If it's something to do with the world, before the camera captures it, it's in the World menu.
- If it's to do with the way the camera captures the image, it's in the Camera menu.
- If it's to do with the way the camera, computer, or transmission processes the signal, it's in the Encoding menu.
- If it's to do with the way the image is displayed to the end-user, such as the computer screen, it's in the Display menu.
OpenGL version: 2.1
GLSL version: 120
Compatibility profile: Supported
For Mipmap DoF, Bokeh Smoothing, or Chroma Subsampling, texture mipmaps must be supported